Pimlico Jackpot Mandatory Pay Out

Fourth of July fireworks could start a little early for some lucky horseplayer(s) this year.

A mandatory payout in the Rainbow 6, currently featuring a Maryland state record carryover jackpot, has been scheduled for Sunday’s Stakes-filled Independence Day holiday program at historic Pimlico Race Course.

No horses were live to take down the jackpot entering last Sunday’s 7th race finale, Won by 4-5 favorite SAM AND SY ($3.20) with Pimlico’s leading jockey Charlie Marquez aboard.

A total of $125,174 was added to Saturday’s carryover of $1,311,881.

It was a very chalky Sunday last week, as there were multiple tickets with all six Winners, each paying $223.78.

Going into this Friday’s eight-race program (12:40 Post Time) the jackpot stands at $1,351,928.

The popular multi-race wager has gone unsolved for 25 consecutive racing days since being hit for a $23,346 payout May 7th.

As a reminder; the Rainbow 6 jackpot is paid out only when there is a single unique ticket sold with all six Winners.

On days when there is no unique ticket, 60 percent of that day’s pool goes back to those bettors holding tickets with the most Winners (usually six) while the remaining 40 percent is carried over to the jackpot pool.

However, on mandatory payout days the entire pool is paid out to the bettor or bettors with the most Winners in the six-race sequence.

Friday’s Rainbow 6 will span Races 3-8. The sequence opens with a Waiver Maiden Claimer for 2-year-old fillies sprinting five furlongs on the main track, and includes two races scheduled for one mile over the turf course each with large fields.

So, if the jackpot carries over until the 4th of July, get your buddies at the cookout to pony up some cash, put a corporation together, and everyone into the pool !

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s