In this, the most unique of racing seasons, the Belmont Stakes — traditionally the last and longest of the three Triple Crown races for 3-year-olds — will for the first time ever, lead-off the classic season while running at the shortest distance of the three jewels.
A field of 10 was entered in the Belmont, which this year has been shortened to 1 1/8-miles from its usual mile-and-a-half Test of a Champion. The Post-Position draw for the Belmont was held at twelve noon today (Wednesday).
Here then is the field in Post Position order with Jockey and Morning Line odds:
1. TAP IT TO WIN John Velasquez 6-1
2. SOLE VOLANTE Luca Panici 9-2
3. MAX PLAYER Joel Rosario 15-1
4. MODERNIST Junior Alvarado 15-1
5. FARMINGTON ROAD Javier Castellano 15-1
6. FORE LEFT Jose Ortiz 30-1
7. JUNGLE RUNNER Reylu Gutierrez 50-1
8. TIZ THE LAW Manny Franco 6-5
9. DR POST Irad Ortiz Jr. 5-1
10. PNEUMATIC Ricardo Santana Jr. 8-1
So that’s a brief look at the field for the Bizarro World, 2020 Belmont Stakes.
On Friday the Daily Racing Blog will take a closer look at each of the runners, and see if we can find a contender who can upset the venerable favorite TIZ THE LAW.
So be sure to stop back and compare your picks with ours.