The 2019 Kentucky Derby is ten days away, and to date there have been no defectors from the original qualifiers. Here is the second half of the field of twenty, listed in the order of points earned. Also listed is the trainer and jockey. There are three horses here who do not have jockey assignments yet. Which doesn’t seem to be a positive sign- as in all the top riders have chosen other mounts.
12) WAR OF WILL [20-1] 60 Points. Trainer: Mark Casse. Jockey: Tyler Gaffalione.
13) LONG RANGE TODDY [ML 30-1] 53.5 Points. Trainer: Steve Asmussen. Jockey: Jon Court.
14) TAX [ML 30-1] 52 Points. Trainer: Dan Gargan. Jockey: Junior Alvarado.
15) CUTTING HUMOR [ML 30-1] 50 Points. Trainer: Todd Pletcher. Jockey: TBA.
16) WIN WIN WIN [ML 30-1] 50 Points. Trainer: Michael Trombetta. Jockey: Julian Pimental.
17) COUNTRY HOUSE [ML 30-1] 50 Points. Trainer: Bill Mott. Jockey: TBA.
18) GRAY MAGICIAN [ML 50-1] 41 Points. Trainer: Peter Miller. Jockey: TBA.
19) SPINOFF [ML 30-1] 39 Points. Trainer: Todd Pletcher. Jockey: Manny Franco.
20) MASTER FENCER [ML 50-1] 0 Points.(Japan Invite) Trainer: K. Tsunoda. Jockey: Julian Leparoux.
On Friday the Daily Racing Blog will begin to take a closer look at his field of twenty, to see if we can separate the Contenders from the Pretenders. Stop back to see if you agree.