Saturday is the $400,000 dollar, Grade 2 Risen Star Stakes taking place at The Fairgrounds in New Orleans. This is the first 2019 KD Prep-Race offering points on a 50-20-10 scale. Essentially the Winner here punches his ticket to a starting spot at Churchill Downs on May 4th. An overflow field of fourteen is entered, so it will be a hard fought victory, and there should be plenty of Value.
Here is a glance at the Risen Star field with projected morning line odds, as well as Trainer, and Jockey. It is the 12th race on the card with a scheduled Post Time of 7:05 Eastern Time.
1. PLUS QUE PARFAIT 8-1 Trainer: Brendan Walsh Jockey: Julien Leparoux
2. ROILAND 20-1 Trainer: Tom Amoss Jockey: James Graham
3. MR. MONEY 10-1 Trainer: Bret Calhoun Jockey: Gabriel Saez
4. CHASE THE GHOST 30-1 Trainer: Dallas Stewart Jockey: Mitchell Murrill
5. HENLEY’S JOY 20-1 Trainer: Mike Maker Trainer: Jockey: Manny Franco
6. HOG CREEK HUSTLE 12-1 Trainer: Vickie Foley Trainer: Florent Geroux
7. MANNY WAH 12-1 Trainer: Wayne Catalano Jockey: Channing Hill
8. OWENDALE 6-1 Trainer: Brad Cox Jockey: Shaun Bridgmohan
9. COUNTRY HOUSE 8-1 Trainer: Bill Mott Jockey: Luis Saez
10. LIMONITE 10-1 Trainer: Steve Asmussen Jockey: Brian Hernandez Jr.
11. DUNPH 30-1 Trainer: Mike Maker Jockey: Jose Ortiz
12. FROLIC MORE 30-1 Trainer: Dallas Stewart Jockey: Corey Lanerie
13. KINGLY 6-1 Trainer: Bob Baffert Jockey: Drayden Van Dyke
14. WAR OF WILL 3-1 Trainer: Mark Casse Jockey: Tyler Gaffalione
Be sure to read the Daily Racing Blog Friday as we will take a closer look at this race and try to find Contenders, weed out Pretenders, and seek Value.
It’s worth noting that last week DRB gave out the Winning Exacta and Trifecta in the Sam F. Davis Stakes at Tampa Bay Downs, with our Value pick Winning easily.