It’s another great day of autumn racing at Belmont Park Saturday. The card will have three Graded Stakes Races, with the feature of the trio being the 10th race, with the running of the Grade One Champagne Stakes. It is a race for two year-olds, at a distance of one mile on the main track, with a purse of $500,000 dollars. In addition to the prize money, the winning horse also qualifies for a spot in next months Breeders Cup Juvenile at Churchill Downs. Here is the field of the ten scheduled starters.
- ENDORSED. Jockey: Joe Bravo. Trainer: Kieran McLaughlin. ML 7-2
- TROPHY CHASER. Jockey: Junior Alvarado. Trainer: Juan Carlos Avila. ML 10-1
- ACHILLES WARRIOR. Jockey: Dylan Davis. Trainer: Mark Hennig. ML 15-1
- COMPLEXITY. Jockey: Jose Ortiz. Trainer: Chad Brown. ML 5-2
- CALL PAUL. Jockey: Irad Ortiz Jr. Trainer: Jason Servis. ML 4-1
- LISTING. Jockey: Mario Gutierrez. Trainer: Ben Cicel. ML 15-1
- SUCCESSFUL ZIP. Jockey: Manuel Franco. Trainer: Miguel Vera. ML 20-1
- CODE OF HONOR. Jockey: Eric Cancel. Trainer: Shug McGaughey. ML 6-1
- AURELIUS MAXIMUS. Jockey: Joel Rosario. Trainer: Chad Brown ML 6-1
- CASA CREED. Jockey: David Cohen. Trainer: Bill Mott. ML 30-1
It is a very competitive field, and in years past the winner of this race has gone on to become the Morning Line favorite in the BC Juvenile. So with all this (apparent) talent there will be at least three short-priced favorites once the betting begins, and that’s okay with the Daily Racing Blog. After last weeks windfall at Belmont Park with $97 winner DISCREET LOVER, we are once again going for value with #3 ACHILLES WARRIOR, and #2 TROPHY CHASER. We will bet both those horses flat, and use them in a three horse exacta box with #4 COMPLEXITY.
As always best of luck and value.